Friday, February 16, 2018

Am I Ticked Off!

Tick! What an intriguing word!

On my daily “To Do List” I feel good when I proudly put a check or tick mark by a completed task. I do so while listening to the clock ticking with the familiar tick-tock sound!

Beware of ticks! Some of these insects are infected with bacteria and can transmit several diseases, worst of which is Lyme disease.

In economics lingo, A tick is a minimum change in the price of a security. Also known as a downtick, a minus tick occurs when a security sells at a price less than the preceding sale. A minus tick is the opposite of an uptick.

Some of my friends urge me to write a book and they often ask me if my book is ticking along nicely! I wish it were for I would have responded “I shan’t be a tick”!

Alas, I’m ticked off by some unbecoming and irresponsible behavior and actions of some politicians (and you know who I mean 😉) and pray that they will eventually go down the dustbin of history!

Rest assured, the time is Ticking!

Hani Badawi
February 16, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment